Liquid Nitrogen - or LN2 as it's known in science circles - is odourless and tasteless. It's non toxic and it's completely safe to eat anything made with it. LN2 is also non flammable and almost inert. (It’s not at all sociable). By the time that your ice cream is made, the LN2 has completely disappeared and the end product is a velvet smooth and densely textured ice cream or sorbet. The quicker ice cream is frozen, the smaller the ice crystals. That’s the simple science behind it all.
Our liquid nitrogen equipment meets all international safety standards and is imported from Germany. Our staff are all thoroughly trained and tested before handling liquid nitrogen.
Ice freezes at zero degrees, and dry ice registers a rather warm -78 degrees centigrade. Liquid Nitrogen is the ‘big daddy’ of cool, weighing in at an impressive -196 degrees centigrade. It evaporates very quickly, creating a dramatic cool vapour which is mesmerising, beautiful and safe.